Halstead Images recently attended the European Games Expo also known as gamescom.
Gamescom (stylized as gamescom) is a trade fair for video games held annually at the Koelnmesse in Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
gamescom serves as the central platform for the European computer- and video game industry.
The show brings together the retail, trade and the media
The Expo consists of jaw-dropping indoor and outdoor performances, sensational live acts and the newest highlights from the gaming world.
This is a great chance for the public to try out new hardware, games and accessories before they hit the shelves!
The event is not solely constrained to new releases and announcements, there was a massive display of retro games and equipment my personal highlight from the retro area was seeing a full collection of Nintendo game and watches all fully working!
While at this 5 day fair I managed to capture all the buzz of this great event although I mostly concentrated on the Cosplay element (plus some game time.)
Some Facts about gamescom:
- 344,999 people (plus me, an increase of 10,000 (including me!) on last year??™s figures!
- These visitors came from 96 countries.
- A whopping 806 companies from 45 countries turned up showing off the latest in gaming.
- From the Friday visitors will get to enjoy the concerts hosted at several stages throughout the city.
- It is officially the largest games exhibition in the world.
To read more about gamescom please visit:
To see more about this awesome collection of retro equipment visit: